If you're in the mood for some comfort food that's also healthy and fresh, try out this whole-wheat and semolina spinach fettuccine with chunky garden veggie and tomato marinara, recipe developed by the lovely artisans at Donna Pastaia.
For the marinara sauce
- 400 gms diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium/small finely chopped onion
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (red / yellow)
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup gently hand torn mushrooms
- Mixed italian herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions and garlic with 2 tbsp olive oil. Add diced tomatoes and cover with a lid to simmer on a medium flame for 10-15 mins.
- Once the tomatoes are tender, add the zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms and carrots and season to taste with salt and pepper to it. Let this cook for another 15-20 mins on medium heat.
- While the sauce does it's magic in the pot, add pasta to boiling salted water and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Toss pasta straight into sauce for the last finish and bring it together with mixed herbs and fresh basil.