If you're in the mood for some comfort food that's also healthy and fresh, try out this whole-wheat and semolina spinach fettuccine with chunky garden veggie and tomato marinara, recipe developed by the lovely artisans at Donna Pastaia.
For the marinara sauce
- 400 gms diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium/small finely chopped onion
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (red / yellow)
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup gently hand torn mushrooms
- Mixed italian herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions and garlic with 2 tbsp olive oil. Add diced tomatoes and cover with a lid to simmer on a medium flame for 10-15 mins.
- Once the tomatoes are tender, add the zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms and carrots and season to taste with salt and pepper to it. Let this cook for another 15-20 mins on medium heat.
- While the sauce does it's magic in the pot, add pasta to boiling salted water and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Toss pasta straight into sauce for the last finish and bring it together with mixed herbs and fresh basil.
You can also add some beautiful zucchini flowers for some extra flavour.
Hope you enjoy cooking up your own pasta bowls of goodness. Buon Appetito!
bananabreakfastbrowniesbrunchcakecheesecherry tomatochettinad currychickenchickpeaschiveschocolatecocaocrepescurrydessertdinnereggsfoodindianindian foodJapaneselunchmain coursemarinaramatchamisomushroompastareciperecipesricerum cakesaladsausagesheet-pansnacksoupsouth indiansweet potatothaithai currytipstomatoveganvegetablesvegetarianweekdayweeknight