Take a trip down the memory lane with this lip-smackingly delicious Indian matar ghugni recipe. This quick and easy matar ghugni recipe is made with boiled white peas and Indian spices.
Pair it with a hot kulcha, some freshly chopped onions, coriander and lemon slices and you will feel a burst of flavor and texture in your mouth!
- 2 cups, white peas soaked overnight, drained and pressure cooked (2 whistles)
- 2 mustard oil or ghee
- 1 large onion
- 5 medium cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ inch of ginger, chopped in slits
- 2 green chillies
- ½ inch of turmeric, chopped in slits
- 1 lemon
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Salt, to taste
- Kulcha, to serve with
- Heat oil/ghee in a non-stick pan. Chop onion. Add green chillies, garlic, and onion to the pan and sauté till lightly browned.
- Add ginger, turmeric powder.
- Add peas and mix well. Add 1/2 cup water and salt.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Serve hot with kulchas and freshly chopped coriander, lemon, green chillies and onion on the side.