Cremini mushrooms, leeks, and spinach pack our Vegetable Frittata. Serve this veggie packed frittata for breakfast or dinner--just add a green salad to round out your evening meal. It's easy, quick and you can use whichever vegetables you've got in your fridge. Top with any cheese of your choice and you're set.
Developed by the lovely Anica Meera Mann, this recipe makes for the best protein packed meal!
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 1tbs Fresh Cream
- 100g mushrooms, we used cremini chopped in chunk
- 1 small leek, julienned
- 50g chopped spinach, julienned
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- ⅔ sun-dried tomatoes julienne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper and chilli flakes, to taste
- Trim the roots, julienne the leeks into 10mm slices.
- Rinse well. drain and set aside. Wash the leek carefully, agricultural dirt tends to get within the layers
- Preheat the oven to 190 º F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, salt pepper and red pepper. Whisk well with fresh cream and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet and cook the leeks and mushrooms with a little salt to release the water, cook till water evaporates on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Turn the gas to high. When the skillet is hot pour the egg mixture over the cooked vegetables.
- As the eggs start to set, use a spatula around the edges, lifting the egg mixture to allow it to flow under. Turn heat to slow to medium.
- Cook until the eggs are beginning to set for about 2 minutes. (the top will still be moist.)
- Move the pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes until the top is set and starting to brown. (you can also put it under the broiler if you wish)
Top with torn sundried tomatoes and feta and serve after allowing to cool for 15 minutes.
bananabreakfastbrowniesbrunchcakecheesecherry tomatochettinad currychickenchickpeaschiveschocolatecocaocrepescurrydessertdinnereggsfoodindianindian foodJapaneselunchmain coursemarinaramatchamisomushroompastareciperecipesricerum cakesaladsausagesheet-pansnacksoupsouth indiansweet potatothaithai currytipstomatoveganvegetablesvegetarianweekdayweeknight