A sheet-pan is one of the best, easiest weeknight-dinner solutions. Pile all your ingredients onto it, toss it in the oven, and in next-to-no-time you have a balanced dinner. Besides being easy, one of the reasons we love sheet pan dinners when chicken is on the menu is because they are so versatile. Whole or diced boneless breasts, boneless thighs, and bone-in chicken thighs are all fair game.
Pair it with a side salad or toasted sourdough, or rice - you can also have this just by itself, it makes for the perfect flavour packed meal.
Recipe adapted from NYT Cooking, by the lovely Diya Puri.
- 700 grams boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 5 whole unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more for serving
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- Diced bacon
- ¼ cup torn fresh dill, parsley, chives or other herbs, for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the marinade, stir together minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, oregano, ground cumin. In a large baking pan, pour over the sauce and coat the chicken, tossing it to mix evenly
- Add tomatoes and smashed garlic cloves - drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Scatter bacon on top.
- Roast in a 425 degree oven until tomatoes are blistered, chicken is golden and cooked, and bacon is crispy
- Squeeze lemon juice and garnish with chives!
Serve with sourdough bread and garlic butter.