Pair it with a side salad or toasted sourdough, or rice - you can also have this just by itself, it makes for the perfect flavour packed meal.
Recipe adapted from NYT Cooking, by the lovely Diya Puri.
- 700 grams boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 5 whole unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more for serving
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- Diced bacon
- ¼ cup torn fresh dill, parsley, chives or other herbs, for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the marinade, stir together minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, oregano, ground cumin. In a large baking pan, pour over the sauce and coat the chicken, tossing it to mix evenly
- Add tomatoes and smashed garlic cloves - drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Scatter bacon on top.
- Roast in a 425 degree oven until tomatoes are blistered, chicken is golden and cooked, and bacon is crispy
- Squeeze lemon juice and garnish with chives!
Serve with sourdough bread and garlic butter.