Pork Chops with Apples & Pumpkin - basically, delicious autumn flavours right to your dinner table. This is a quick recipe, uses minimal ingredients and can be make in one single skillet!
- Short Bone Pork Chops- 2 pieces
- Salt + Pepper
- Lemon Juice- 1/2 lemon
- Chopped Garlic- 8 cloves
- Olive Oil- 2 tbsps (+ more to cook)
- Chopped Fresh Rosemary- 1 tsp
- Chopped Fresh Thyme- 1 tsp
- Barbecue Seasoning- 1 tbsp
- Diced Pumpkin- 1 cup (or 1/2 cup more)
- Diced Apples- 1 cup (or 1/2 cup more)
- Marinate the pork chops with salt, pepper, lemon juice, chopped garlic, olive oil, chopped rosemary, chopped thyme and the barbecue rub. Massage it well and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat up a large cast iron skillet and drizzle some olive oil. Add a few sprigs of fresh thyme and 1-2 bashed garlic cloves. Let this sit over low heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add the pork chops with their skin/ fat side on. Let this be for 2-4 minutes or till the fat turns golden.
- Increase the heat to high and flip the chops to their side, for about 1-2 minutes on each side or till it gets golden in colour.
- To the same pan, add the diced pumpkin and apples and drizzle some of the melted pork fat in the pan on them.
- At this point, you can either pop the pan in the oven to finish cooking the pork or simply put a lid on, lower the heat and cook for an additional 8 minutes or till the pork chops are cooked through and the pumpkin softens.
- Garnish with a few fresh sprigs of rosemary, thyme and some pomegranate seeds.