This rich, creamy and hearty one-pot mushroom quinotto - a fun, healthier twist on the classic risotto is the perfect weeknight fix, made with beautiful oyster mushrooms and organic quinoa. Recipe developed by amazing Naina & Ishita at Bolbabybowl.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- Mushrooms: button and oyster
- Seasoning: Salt, pepper, oregano
- Vegetable or chicken stock cube
- Parmesan cheese
- A handful of basil leaves
- Truffle oil (optional)
- In a pot, boil some water and add a cube of chicken or vegetable stock. You can also make fresh stock. Season the stock well.
- In a separate pot, add butter and crushed garlic and sauté.
- Add 2 finely chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- Then add your mushrooms and let them cook.
- Now add your quinoa and mix well.
- With a ladle start adding the stock to the pot, little by little while the quinoa cooks.
- Keep mixing while adding the stock and repeat till the quinoa gets cooked.
- Add some fresh basil leaves and mix well.
Mix some grated parmesan and drizzle some truffle oil and serve hot!
bananabreakfastbrowniesbrunchcakecheesecherry tomatochettinad currychickenchickpeaschiveschocolatecocaocrepescurrydessertdinnereggsfoodindianindian foodJapaneselunchmain coursemarinaramatchamisomushroompastareciperecipesricerum cakesaladsausagesheet-pansnacksoupsouth indiansweet potatothaithai currytipstomatoveganvegetablesvegetarianweekdayweeknight