These Mushroom, Tahini and Harissa noodles are the perfect one pot, quick and easy dinner recipe. You can make it as a dry noodle dish, or simply add water to make it more of a soup.
• Sesame seeds - 1tbsp
• Chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp
• Cremini and Milky Mushrooms- 400 grams
• Olive oil
• Sliced garlic cloves- 6 to 8 cloves
• Ground cinnamon- 1 heaped tsp
• Ground cumin - 2 tsp
• Coarsely ground Black pepper- 1 tsp
• Light soy sauce – 4 tablespoons
• Roasted red bell pepper harissa – 3 tablespoons
• Tahini – 2 tablespoons
• Fettuccine/ spaghetti/ egg noodles - 250 grams
• Spring onions – a bunch, thinly sliced diagonally from root to tip.
• Fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped – handful
• Salt to taste
1. Toast the sesame seeds and chilli flakes in a small, dry fry pan over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until they release their aroma. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Slice the mushrooms and add them to a hot, dry pan and toss for a few minutes, or until they have released some moisture and a nicely browned. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, then add the garlic and fry for two minutes or until it is translucent.
3. Add the cinnamon, Cumin and pepper to the pan and fry for two minutes.
4. Mix in the soy sauce, harissa and tahini. Stir in a cup of boiling water or more if desired, depending on whether you want just enough sauce to coat all the noodles, or more of a soup. Season with salt and extra soy sauce to taste, then increase the heat and bring to a boil. Stir in the cook noodles spring onions and coriander leaves, and as soon as the noodles have heated through, serve with the toasted sesame seeds and chilli flakes sprinkled on top.