Easy, simple, and super creamy mushroom Alfredo pasta. One of my favorite quick meals!
Alfredo is one of our favorite pasta sauces because it’s so delicious yet easy, and is made from basic ingredients. A classic recipe would include butter, heavy cream, and cheese, but the best thing is - we can make it however we like.
For this light and easy variation, we've used a combination of milk and oats flour, without any sort of heavy cream or cheese! Indulge in this yummy, guilt-free mushroom sauce pasta with us.
- Pasta of your choice, we've used eggless fettuccine by Donna Pastaia
- 1 cup whole milk or plant-based shmylk
- 1 cup oats flour, or any flour of your preference
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250gms cremini mushrooms (or any kind of shrooms)
- Salt, pepper and seasoning to taste
- In a pot, boil heavily salted water and add in your pasta. Cook it for 5-7 minutes, or until al-dente. Drain and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, add equal parts milk and oats flour and whisk them together until they're nicely combined to form a smooth liquid. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the butter. Once it's melted add in your mushrooms and cook until they release water, keep stirring until all the water is evaporated and the mushrooms are lightly darker.
- At this point, add in your milk and flour mixture and stir until all of the mushrooms are nicely coated. Add salt and pepper, some Italian seasoning and chilli flakes to taste.
- Add your pasta and mix well. All done!
Enjoy your favourite creamy, yummy pasta without any heavy cream or cheese!