If you're in the mood for pasta at breakfast, we've got a fix for you. Try this delicious meat-free fettuccine alla carbonara, developed by our amazing friends at Donna Pastaia, using handcrafted fettuccine.
- 125 gm Donna Pastaia traditional egg fettuccine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup cut Asparagus
- Handful of mushrooms
- 1-2 deseeded red chilli
- 2-3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- On medium heat cook the garlic, chilli and mushrooms until just tender and set aside.
- Place the pasta in boiling salted water and cook for 6-7 minutes. Add the asparagus to the same water for the last minute to blanch.
- While the pasta is cooking temper two egg yolks- whisk them with 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- Add pasta and asparagus to the garlic chilli and mushrooms. Slowly incorporate egg yolks and add grated parmesan and toss together to combine (do this swiftly and gently on medium heat to just emulsify the yolks and cheese to a silky sauce so they don't overcook and scramble)