These savoury, flaky crepe pockets are the perfect way to start your day. We're used to the sweeter version of crepes, with chocolates and fruits, but this crispy crepe pocket with jammy eggs is a must try!
Thank you, Mallika, for developing this delicious, indulgent crepe pocket recipe for us!
Prep and cooking time : 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or half and half of milk+water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp kalonji
- 2 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3-4 stalks of chives, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, kalonji and garlic powder with a whisk. Whisk in the eggs and then slowly mix in the milk to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Grease with butter and pour 2-3 ladles of the batter onto the surface to achieve a thin layer. Swirl to coat the pan and cook till the sides lift up from the pan.
- Flip with a spatula and cook for 2-3 mins. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- In the same pan, prepare the crepe pockets. Place a crepe on the pan with a cheese slice. Crack an egg open on the top, cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 mins till the whites are cooked but the centre is jammy or runny according to your taste.
- Take the crepe off the pan and fold the edges over the egg. Garnish with freshly chopped chives, parsley and sea salt. Serve with a side of spicy mayo or any other flavoured mayo. Enjoy!