This delicious, herby chickpea recipe couples the sharp, deep flavor of meltingly tender garlic and herbs with the bright, vibrant acidity of tomatoes. And the best part? It's super easy to put together! You can eat it as is, or pair it with some freshly toasted sourdough and a side salad for a perfect lunch.
This flavourful recipe has been developed for us by Mallika Tandon.
Prep time : 30 minutes
Baking time : 70-80 minutes
- 2 cups drained, boiled chickpeas
- 5-6 large cloves of garlic, slightly smashed
- 2-3 green chillies, de-seeded and slit lengthwise
- 2-3 large tomatoes roughly diced
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp saunf powder
- 2 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3-4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Meanwhile, boil the chickpeas in a pressure cooker or pot till fully soft.
- Make a paste of all the dry ingredients and vinegar with a few spoons of oil. Transfer the chickpeas to an oven safe dish and rub the chickpeas with the spice mix. Mix in the tomatoes, garlic, chillies and herbs. Drizzle with the rest of the olive oil, cover with foil and bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with a light vinaigrette salad and toasted, buttered sourdough. Enjoy!