Bring in the celebrations with this Rich & Boozy Christmas Rum Cake! Tastes best when served with warm custard, hot rum sauce or vanilla ice cream.
- 1 or 2 bottles of rum
- 1 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dried fruit
- Baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Lemon juice
- Brown sugar
- Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality.
- Select a large mixing bowl or measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. It must be just right!
- To be sure the rum is of the highest quality, pour 1 level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter in large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and beat again. Meanwhile, it’s important to make sure the rum is of the finest quality— try another cup.
- Open the second quart of rum if necessary. Add 1 large egg, 2 cups of dried fruits and beat till high.
- If the fruits get stuck in the beats, just pry it loose with a screwdriver. It is important to sample the rum again for consistency.
- Next, sift 3 cups of salt and pepper. Sample the rum again.
- Sift 1 pint of lemon juice, add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, or whatever color you can find.
- Mix well. Grease oven, pre-heat it to 350 degrees.
- Now, pour the whole mixture into the cake pan and bake.
- Check the rum again and go to bed.
Credits to our lovely friends at Courtyard Memories for this recipe, happy baking!
bananabreakfastbrowniesbrunchcakecheesecherry tomatochettinad currychickenchickpeaschiveschocolatecocaocrepescurrydessertdinnereggsfoodindianindian foodJapaneselunchmain coursemarinaramatchamisomushroompastareciperecipesricerum cakesaladsausagesheet-pansnacksoupsouth indiansweet potatothaithai currytipstomatoveganvegetablesvegetarianweekdayweeknight