Looking for a wholesome, feel-good breakfast recipe? You've come to the right place. This sinfully delicious recipe that will more than satisfy your sweet-tooth, has been developed for us by the talented Mallika Tandon.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Baking time : 20-25 minutes
- 1 super ripe banana
- 1/2 tbsp brown or breakfast sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp dulche de leche or maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp sweetened cacao nibs
- (Optional) Toasted pecan nuts and almond flakes for garnish
- Mix the rolled oats, jaggery powder, AP flour and salt together. Rub the chilled butter cubes into the mix until it reaches an oatmeal consistency. Form clumps of the mix and freeze until set.
- Preheat your oven to 150C. In an oven safe pie dish, crumble and form tiny pebble sized clumps from the frozen crumble mix. Top with a whole banana slit lengthwise. Sprinkle some breakfast or brown sugar on top of the bananas for extra caramelisation.
- Bake in the middle rack for 20-25 minutes or until the sides of the crumble turn slightly brown and the banana tops caramelise.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Garnish with dulche de leche, cacao nibs and the toasted nuts. Enjoy!
bananabreakfastbrowniesbrunchcakecheesecherry tomatochettinad currychickenchickpeaschiveschocolatecocaocrepescurrydessertdinnereggsfoodindianindian foodJapaneselunchmain coursemarinaramatchamisomushroompastareciperecipesricerum cakesaladsausagesheet-pansnacksoupsouth indiansweet potatothaithai currytipstomatoveganvegetablesvegetarianweekdayweeknight